Saturday, March 26, 2011

Gravemaster!!

I was watching Elvira's movie macabre on CW18 a little bit ago, and it was making me nostalgic for local TV hosts. I know that I was about one generation removed from real local TV (my dad fondly remembers the Bay Area's Dr. Paul Bearer) but I remember a guy called the Gravemaster that was on CW18 back when it was WCKF (I think it was, anyway) and I looked forward to his show most Saturday nights. I loved B-movies even then and I used to love seeing what horror gems he would trot out. I distinctly remember seeing I Drink Your Blood , which took on a special significance for me later 'cause K and I watched it when we first started dating. Laying on her bed, I ate about four pounds of takeout manicotti and couldn't be bothered with getting any farther with our date. Nothing says I'm here to impress you like being bloated and gassy. Oh well. Maybe it's good that we got that over with early on, right? Anyway, I don't know where I was going with this and I've got to finish my show... Oh, here's some Gravemaster related stuff.



THE GRAVEMASTER
(Tim Kincaide)
See pictures of the Gravemaster: 40k gif image | 48k gif image
See bio and more images from the Gravemaster's show -- and hundreds of images of a host of other horrors -- at the incredible Horror Host Gallery website, courtesy of video archaeologist Thomas Rudé!
Friday Night with the Gravemaster
Friday night
WKCF-TV, Channel 18 (Orlando, Florida)
Early '90's for about six months
NOTES:
  • Information contributed by Pat (Fleagore) Tantalo, who created the incredible makeup and set for The Gravemaster
  • Tim Kincaide was also "Ranger Bob" on New York and Florida kid shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment